8.12.2012

The Coach Spo Experience

I finally met the coach of my favorite NBA team, the Miami Heat, Coach Erik Spoelstra. Not only I was excited that he is the team's coach, but also because he is a fellow Filipino. I really am proud of him, how he started with the team as a video coordinator guy and climbed up the and took the reins from Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley, the patriarch, the Godfather of the Miami Heat.  Coach Spo, visited the Philippines for the third time already if I'm not mistaken and this time I had the opportunity to really meet the guy courtesy of NBA Philippines.  I actually won a Twitter contest which I get a chance for a Meet and Greet.










It was a once in a lifetime experience for me, as a long time Miami Heat fan.  After the Heat won an epic Finals agianst a great OKC Thunder team, Coach Spo not only came here in the Philippines but he also brought the Larry O'Brien Trophy with him!



I had to really sound like a fanboy here right now, but I really was ecstatic about meeting Coach Spo, a proud Filipino heritage.  Well I just hope when he comes back to the Philippines again, hopefully he could bring with him also not only the NBA Championship trophy, but at least one if not all the Big Three, or better yet, the whole Miami Heat team!  By the way, the Heat is playing a preseason game in China, so I hope that would be a step closer for the team to go here.

Video highlight of his visit here.








I can't wait for the next season to begin. Let's Go Heat!

No comments: