7.16.2012

NBI Clearance in 10 Minutes




I am the type of person that usually research before going anywhere I wanted to go, so when the time I needed to renew my NBI clearance, I went to look for the fastest and the most convenient way to get it without the hassle of queuing and the waiting for hours just to get the damn thing.




Since the NBI has a new system, expect long lines and even longer hours of waiting even in the convenience of malls.


So most of my queries points me to go to Robinson's Otis in Paco, Manila. To get there, your landmark would be the U.N. Ave. Station of LTR1. There is a tricycle parking area nearby, but do not do the same mistake I made when I went to the other side of the station going towards the Ermita area. The tricycle station is right beside the Medical Center Manila. Don't ride those pedicabs because they will charge you  60 pesos.






I went to Robinson's Otis on a Saturday which is great as it was located inside a mall and they observe mall hours. They open at 10 AM they say, and closes at 7 in the evening. I went there at around 4 PM which I think was the best time as most of the people may have finished. When I got there I was surprised that its starting to close, but the guard says that the employees are still there but just closed some of the windows as they were no people transacting at that hour anymore. The Clearance Renewal Center was located at the 2nd floor. As I was the only one got there, I got my clearance in no time. They are using Biometrics system, so no more filthy fingers at the end although they still use the webcam for the picture taking. Local or Travel Abroad clearance cost 115 pesos still. Just bring a valid I.D and don't forget a pen. You don't want to bother other people by borrowing their pen.

They printed my clearance in 5 minutes since I don't have a "hit", I even had the time to chit chat with the people there. They say they accept 500 people a day.

No comments: