12.25.2013

WHATTAYEAR

2013. What a year it has been for me.  Right from the start it was swirling downwards with being laid off from my work.  And then I lost my (now ex) girlfriend to reasons I really do not know until now.  It could not get any worse. After that I felt miserable, lived miserable.  With nothing holding me intact, I thought I was going to lose it.  Old habits return with bumming around and feeling hopeless.  It was my lowest point in my life (hence the lack of update also with this blog).

Depression. With things not going right for me, it was hard living alone in a cruel place like Metro Manila, especially when you’re kind of unstable. So I thought it would be best to just go back home, to Iloilo, where I am accepted, everybody loves me.  I tried. I tried selling my stuff to buy a plane ticket.  I have decided. If I stay here I’ll be haunted by the events that just happened.

Then I got a call from a company I applied to, I did not even remembered I went there. My mind was cloudy. I came with what was left of my wits. Thankfully I got in. I do not even know how I got in but hey who cares.

I needed to fix myself up.  So the little money I got from my sold things I spend it on my work documents and also pills to keep my sanity intact.  Damn I still feel low despite this.

Middle of the year, with a new job, slowly eased my mind. Got distracted. Got busy. Still felt alone though every time I come home and feeling the void every time.  I started cleaning out my closet, every nooks and corners.  Even though I am a sentimental person who usually keeps things, I decided to really clean up my place.  Threw away stuff that reminded me of her. But I must admit I really do keep things.  Anyway, I was starting to move on. I never know I could I don’t even knew wanted to but I just do spontaneously.

And then somebody came. It was not the way I wanted to meet someone, I do not even intended to get back into a relationship a couple of months away from my previous but I am the type of guy who grabs every bit of opportunity that crosses my path, so even though we got off on a wrong foot, I slowly got myself back on track. 

After sometime we developed into something more serious although I am still careful not to make the same mistake we decided to move into a new place, to keep me away from my past and start to move on with the new.

And now I got myself a new place, a little better than the old one. I am planning to get back into painting because the bare wall got me inspired to add a little of my touch of the place. Right now it’s a little mess because I do not have much things yet but little by little I will get this place just the way I wanted. I got a new partner hopefully things will work out just fine between the two of us even though the situation is quite complicated but will not elaborate on that. 

So 2013 was not that bad after all. I have moved on with the earlier difficulties and now I’m enjoying my time.  Thankful for all the blessings that have come to me and hoping that in the new year things will even shine brightly.  Happy New Year. 

No comments: