12.28.2013

MAGINHAWA FOOD TRIP

I am not much of a foodie but I love to eat and I have always been intrigued by Maginhawa Street in UP Teachers' Village. I always hear a lot about this place and how it a haven for foodies.  So when I got an opportunity to wander around this area, I never missed to try out what everyone's talking about.

I have heard about BRGR: The Burger Project, but I thought it was somewhere else.  So when I met up someone along Maginhawa, it was right beside it. I invited my friend to try it out. You can actually create your own burger whatever you want in between those buns but I ordered the Western Bacon Melt. It's an overload of 100% beef patty, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, onion rings and thick BBQ sauce.



 Overall, it was great. The idea of creating your own burger is intriguing although one must be careful on what to put in so not to overwhelm the flavor.  Would definitely come back here, though it was quite pricey.

The Burger Project is located at 122 Maginhawa St.


I was very impressed that the next day I went back to Maginhawa and look for another place to dine.  I came by Jek's Ku-Bo Bulalo at Ulo-Ulo.  I was craving for some soup so when  I saw it's signage I told the tricycle driver to drop me here instead.  The place really looks more of a posh turo-turo. I ordered bulalo and some adobo flakes.  At P135, I think the bulalo which is good for two is kind of ordinary for me. Good thing though I ordered the adobo flakes which kind of save it.   But hey, overall its not bad at all. Though if ever I come back, I'll try that ulo-ulo.



Jek's ku-bo Bulalo at Ulo-ulo is located at #77 Maginhawa St.


Just a couple of days ago, I started browsing through the web on where to go next, and this caught my attension: Tinola sa Pakwan. I was like... what? how?  That is the specialty of the house of Roberta, Flavors of Asia. I told myself that is definitely next on my list and yes it was. I tried it out, ordered some bagoong rice and Calamansi sa Tanglad juice.  It was so good, that I had to order extra bagoong rice. The tinola is good for two up to three person but I finished the whole bowl by myself. It was so satisfying that I can eat that all year. :D



Roberta flavors of Asia is located at #45-B Maginhawa St.

This is just part one of my Maginhawa Food Trip.  While browsing the net I found a couple of interesting places that I look forward dining in.  Until the next foodtrip.

No comments: