2.20.2013

Thank you for calling and have great day

So finally, the 65 days are finally over. After a grueling torture and abuse my ears recieved with all the calls and irate callers, we're free. For technically 3 months, I experienced real time customer service for the world's number one online retail store. Other than irate customers, there are the ignorant ones, concessions abusers, and some others with just no one to talk to. But not all are bad, most of the time people are pleasant, understanding, and thankful. The consolation you'll have when thay say, "you're a great help."

We came in during the busiest time of the business and all the stress, sacrifice, and sleepless days are aplenty. We started as 37, and one by one, has sheded along the way; gave in to too much pressure, stress, and just plain "I don't like this work," at the end of the day, 21 made it through hoping of coming back to our regular and usual work after a so called "loaned out program."


But again, we were caught off guard. Our GM, OM, and TM along with the HR had a meeting after our last day and delivered the bad news. "You are not going back to your old account." Boom! And just like that the revelation of having survived Customer Service just dropped from the 7th floor down to the basement.

Now we have to go through the recruitment process again, while they "try" their best to find a home for us. They laid out some internal job openings, which I applied to some of them which I think I'm qualified for. But after several exam, interviews, rejections, false hopes, etc., We are still here stuck with no work, no assurance, and a lot of uncertainties.  Right now, 25 days running, I still  not have an account. Three rejections. Plus I don't believe I didn't do well during the screenings.  It's just that the opening just doesn't suits me. I think it's time to move on.

K. Thanks. Bye.

No comments: