6.02.2012

What I Learned from the Corona Impeachment

Now that the whole Coronavela has come to and end with a conviction, afternoons will never be the same again for us. For around five months, the impeachment had been all over, that it bored in the middle and even stopped following it.  But now, we can now move on with our lives, the senators and congressmen have more important matters to deal with (*cough* RH Bill *cough* FOI Bill *cough*). We can use this trial as a launching pad to battle corruption, learn from it, and move on.



During the course of it I learned so much myself, too. Here I will cite some what the trial has enlightened me.

Dolus versus Culpa. According to Justice Cueva, Dolus is "intentional" while Culpa is "negligence." To which Sen Enrile said "Culpa is deserving of blame". Mea culpa.

I learnt a few acronyms such as SALN, AMLC, and FCDA. 




I think the Senate should order a man hunt on Mr. Anonymous and Small Lady.


There is also that Lantern of Lies and Power Presentation.  

I still can't get over of Sen. Lapid's Picha Pie, though.


How old are Ret. Justice Serafin Cuevas and Sen. President Juan Ponce Enrile again?

Oh, I still dream about Atty. Karen Jimeno...



Finally, there's the Waiver and the Walkout...






Of course the Senate and the whole trial would be a bore to normal people like us you don't really understand law and high highfalutin jargon used by these lawmakers. Thank God for giving us Sen. Miriam Defensor Santiago.

"I would really rather go scuba diving in the Bermuda Triangle and get possibly lost there."

"Huwag na tayo pa-epal dito. Justice delayed is justice denied. Nawawalan na ng gana ang manunuod."

"Why do you have to point out? Answer yes or no. I am tired or hearing your voice."

"I am a senator-judge, I am not a politician. You cannot heckle me. You cannot engage in a discussion or argument with me."

"Don't drown me out by screaming in this courtroom. Only I can scream here...."


"I was not born yesterday. We will be studied generations from now. This is a travesty. I request the secretariat to record in the journal that I said, 'Wah!'"

"Kung ano ano pinagsasabi nyo sa media, manalo na kami... you are engaging in a public discourse on the merit of the case...ang yayabang ng nagdsasalita ng ganyan, gago naman... Ang kagaguhan is a ground for contempt of court."

"It was a galactic act of epal."



To wrap this up, I hope this will enlighten our people of what politicians are and an eye-opener also to our politicians. In the end, all the drama, the lectures, the public humiliations, the academics, it's time for us to reflect, amend, and move on. There's so much drama left to be told. 









No comments: