6.16.2012

How to Hold a Gun




How To Hold A Gun by Sarah Coloso


All are parasites
Feasting on the host
Father, Son and Holy Ghost

Take them while they're young
Teach them how to hate
Teach them how to hold a gun

We dug an earthen grave
And buried reason deep
Though she tried to fight
She soon fell fast sleep
We filled it up again
And marked it with a cross
And never paused to contemplate
The weight of what we'd lost

Father, look this way
Trust in me your might
Teach me how to win the fight
Take me not in vain
You shall hold your tongue
Lest I kill your first born sons

We parted wide the sea
And reason followed in
And when we had escaped
We drowned her for her sins
There is no turning back
From ripples of deceit
And so we journey on
The serpent's at our feet

Be you not afraid
Gospel shall abide
Keep the iron faith
God is on my side

No comments: